- Plesk 11.x for Linux
- Plesk 12.0 for Windows
- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Backup fails with one of the following errors in Plesk UI:
PLESK_ERROR: Not enough free disk space to backup selected objects. At least 60862Mbytes free disk space is required.
PLESK_ERROR: Error: server "server"
Cannot encrypt dump file (this is not fatal error!): Error occured while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 500 Error occured while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 500 DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1030 Got error 28 from storage engine, query was: DESCRIBE `clients`
- When creating backup from CLI using
pleskbackuputility, dump is deleted without clear message in
CONFIG_TEXT: DEBUG: We are going to delete incompleted backup from local storage backup_info_1711271102.xml
DEBUG: Executing asynchronously  process. CmdLine is '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras --delete-dump-files --dump-storage=/var/lib/psa/dumps --dump-file-specification=backup_info_1711271102.xml --session-path=/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2017-11-27-110256.247'
INFO: Outgoing packet:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><response>
<finished log-location="/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2017-11-27-110256.247/migration.result" status="error">
There is not enough disk space on the server.
There are a couple of options:
- Increase the disk space on the server or free some memory.
- Configure Plesk to store backups on the external FTP repository. Check Plesk Administrator's Guide for details.
- Execute the following command in order to update Plesk Usage with the new disk space:
# plesk daily ExecuteStatistics