- Plesk 11.x for Windows
- Plesk 12.0 for Windows
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
- Plesk Onyx for Windows
Backup of MS SQL database from remote MS SQL server cannot be made. Backup process fails with the error below:
Error: dbbackup failed: Unable to backup database 'db_name'
The backup device 'c:\\db_backup\ est_parallels' can not be opened. Operating system error 3 (The system can not find the path specified.).
BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
Error: dbbackup failed: Unable to backup database 'db_name' Unable to open connection: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated
Cannot dump database content 'db_name' of type 'mssql'
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\\ANONYMOUS LOGON'
The following error is produced upon exporting MSSQL database at Plesk > Domains > example.com > Databases:
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to export a dump of exampledb:
- Unable to backup database 'exampledb'
- Access to the path '\\203.0.113.2\NetworkTempBackupFolder\exampledb' is denied
(Error code 21)
Database backup settings are incorrect to access the remote MS SQL server.
Ensure that the following requirements are met in the "Microsoft SQL Server database backup" settings:
- Temporary directory: local path to the temporary backup folder on the MS SQL server.
- Temporary network directory: UNC path to the temporary backup folder on the remote MS SQL server.
- Username: network login to remote MS SQL server.
Temporary directory is shared and this location is specified in Temporary network directory
- User specified in Username has to be present on a remote server and have to have
Modifypermission to Temporary directory share folder, sub-folders and files as well as to network share.
If local account of MS SQL Server is used, server name prefix should be specified, as follows: "sqlservername\username"
- Temporary directory: is accessible for user account that MS SQL server service using to log on. You may find this user account name under "Log On" tab in MS SQL server service properties in Windows services.
Additional information can be found in 'Plesk Advanced Administration Guide'