How to setup Plesk that is running as a primary DNS server for integrating it with a secondary (slave) DNS server?
The integration can be performed using Slave DNS Manager extension available in Extensions Catalog in Plesk: Plesk > Extensions > install Slave DNS Manager > Add Slave > specify Slave DNS IP Address
Visit Plesk Administrator's Guide for instructions on setting up a secondary DNS.
How it works:
- It registers a slave server in the extension settings
- The slave server’s IP address is automatically added to the list of addresses allowed to transfer domain zones from the Plesk server
- When creating, modifying, or deleting an active domain zone in Plesk, Plesk creates, modifies, or deletes the domain zone in the local DNS service
- The script starts and receives the domain name and the command to create, modify, or delete a domain zone
- The script initiates
rndccommand for each connected slave server
- Slave servers synchronize domain zones with the ones on the Plesk server
If the Slave server has Plesk installed, no need to install Slave DNS Manager extension. Instead, IP address of the Slave DNS should be specified on the Master, in Tools & Settings > DNS Template > Transfer Restrictions Template.
Warning: The same domains should exist on both master and slave Plesk servers. It prevents DNS data from getting corrupted.
Note: Add the IP address of the Master server in Tools & Settings > DNS Template > Transfer Restrictions Template and change DNS to Slave mode on Slave server side, as well.