How to integrate primary Plesk DNS server with secondary Slave DNS server?
The integration can be performed using Slave DNS Manager extension available in Extensions Catalog in Plesk: Plesk > Extensions > install Slave DNS Manager > Add Slave > specify Slave DNS IP Address
Visit Plesk Administrator's Guide for instructions on setting up a secondary DNS.
How it works:
- It registers a slave server in the extension settings
- The slave server’s IP address is automatically added to the list of addresses allowed to transfer domain zones from the Plesk server
- When creating, modifying, or deleting an active domain zone in Plesk, Plesk creates, modifies, or deletes the domain zone in the local DNS service
- The script starts and receives the domain name and the command to create, modify, or delete a domain zone
- The script initiates
rndccommand for each connected slave server
- Slave servers synchronize domain zones with the ones on the Plesk server
If the Slave server has Plesk installed, there is no need to install Slave DNS Manager extension.
Perform the following steps:
Add IP of the Slave DNS in the master DNS server in Tools & Settings > DNS Template > Transfer Restrictions Template
Create the same domains in both Master and Slave Plesk servers.
Warning: The same domains should exist on both master and slave Plesk servers. It prevents DNS data from getting corrupted.
Change DNS to Slave mode on Slave server side in Domains > example.com > DNS Settings > Switch to Slave.