- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Plesk Onyx for Windows
- Plesk 12.0 for Windows
- Plesk 12.0 for Linux
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
How to implement integration between Plesk server that is running as a primary DNS server and a secondary (slave) DNS server?
The integration can be performed using Slave DNS Manager extension available in Extensions Catalog in Plesk.
The extension works according to the following algorithm:
- It registers a slave server in the extension settings
- The slave server’s IP address is automatically added to the list of addresses allowed to transfer domain zones from the Plesk server
- When creating , modifying, or deleting an active domain zone in Plesk, Plesk creates, modifies, or deletes the domain zone in the local DNS service
- The script starts and receives the domain name and the command to create, modify, or delete a domain zone
The script initiates
rndccommand for each connected slave server
- Slave servers synchronize domain zones with the ones on the Plesk server
Visit Plesk Extension Guide for instructions on setting up a secondary DNS server.