- Plesk for Windows
- Migration cannot be started with the following error:
PLESK_ERROR: [ERROR] Failed to perform action: Check connections
Cause: Error while checking connection settings: 'Panel Migrator failed to install RPC Agent to '203.0.113.2' server.
RPC Agent is required for communication between current server and '203.0.113.2' server
- Migration got stuck on
Retrieving Information from Hoststep.
- Migration is hung with the following message in Plesk UI:
Check that specified source servers accounts are built-in Windows administrators
- RPC agent that is required for migration is missing or is run from a non-administrator user on a source server.
run-panel-migrator-rpc-agent.exeprocess is hung on the source server.
- Log into Plesk on the target server.
- Browse to Home > Tools&Settings > Migration & Transfer Manager > Start a New Migration
- In Setup section select Manual and download RPC Agent installation package
run-panel-migrator-rpc-agent.exeto the source server at any location, e.g. C:\
- Run it as Administrator on the source server. For that right click on the
run-panel-migrator-rpc-agent.exefile and choose Run as administrator :
Note: Do not close opened terminal window.
- Restart migration.