Tomcat application is marked with an orange/yellow circle with an exclamation mark inside. When hovering over the exclamation mark, the following message is displayed:
CONFIG_TEXT: Actual status of the application does not correspond to the status retrieved from the database
Uploading a tomcat application to example.com in Domains > example.com > Java Applications fails with an error message:
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to start up Java application: Possible reason - Tomcat Java service is not currently running on the server.
Plesk can't reach the application for one of the following reasons:
- Tomcat service is not running on a server
- Tomcat service is not enabled for a domain
- Domain is not resolved to a Plesk IP
- Application is not packed into a valid .war package
- Incorrect code in the application itself
Depending on the cause, use the following solution:
1. Start Tomcat service in Plesk > Tools and Settings > Services Management:
2. Enable Tomcat service for a domain in Domains > example.com > Java Applications > click Switch On
3. Domain should be properly resolved to correct Plesk IP address: IP address in Domains > example.com > Web Hosting Access should be the same as the IP resulted in pinging domain:
# ping example.com
PING example.com (203.0.113.2) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 203.0.113.2: icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=176 ms
4. Application should be packed into a valid .war package.
5. Application cannot be loaded due to code in application itself.
For Plesk for Windows: also reconfiguring tomcat may help:
1. Connect to the server using RDP
2. Open Windows Command Prompt (CMD) in a Windows server: Right-click the Start charm, and then click Command Prompt (Admin).
3. Execute the following command:
C:\> "%plesk_dir%\\bin\\repair.exe" --reconfigure-tomcat
Check Tomcat logs in order to get more details about the issue: