I am using an older version of Plesk and want to upgrade it to Plesk Onyx. Does my license qualify for upgrading to Plesk Onyx?
If your license qualifies for license upgrade, then it will be automatically upgraded during the panel upgrade. To check if your license can be upgraded to the next version, refer to details below:
You can check if your license allows you to upgrade to the later version of Plesk here:
213936645 How to check if license allows you to upgrade to later version of Plesk
If you are using Lease license (that is paid for every month, year, or once in 2 or 3 years), then you can perform license upgrade to the next version during a panel upgrade.
Purchased (Retail) licenses, on the other hand, require SUS for license upgrade:
- 213904145 What is the Software Update Service (SUS)?
For Plesk 10/11 license, either Lease or Purchased one, visit the following article to learn how Plesk 10/11 license behaves on Plesk Onyx server :
- 213385309 How does Plesk 10/11 license behave after being upgraded to Plesk Onyx license?
To learn what is the difference between Purchased (Retail) and Lease licenses, visit:
- 213398189 What is the difference between lease and retail licenses?
If your license qualifies for upgrade, but was not automatically upgraded during the panel upgrade on some reason, see possible solutions below:
- You can manually upgrade your license to the required version. See the following article to learn how to do this:
213956265 How do I manually upgrade Plesk license?
2. In case you purchased your license from one of the Plesk resellers/partners, please refer to the reseller/partner.
For any questions, contact Plesk Sales team.