This issue occurs when Plesk server cannot find a configuration for the requested website/webmail, so it returns default page.The most common causes of it are website/webmail misconfiguration, DNS resolution to an improper IP, incorrect domain settings in Plesk, obsolete browser cache and missing website content. In order to determine the root cause and fix the issue, you can use the diagnostics steps below.
Check for name resolution issues. Find website's proper IP address in Hosting Panel > Websites & Domains screen, and check domain name resolution using
nslookuputility. If the domain is resolved into improper IP address, check
/etc/hostsfile (for Linux) or
%SystemRoot%\\system32\\drivers\\etc\\hostsfile (for Windows) for a record associating the domain with IP address and correct it. Change the IP address if required. Correct the DNS Settings if required. Use the following tool to make sure that website resolves to server's IP address https://mxtoolbox.com/DnsLookup.aspx
- If a server is behind NAT, make sure that the website has the same IP address in Plesk > Domains > example.com how it is configured in NAT rules.
Check for website content issues.
2.1. Go to Home > Subscriptions > example.com , open Apache & nginx Settings or IIS Settings depending on the OS type, and check
Index.filesto clarify which file type has precedence as Default document. If
Defaultoption is selected,
index.htmlhas the precedence over
2.2. Go to Home > Subscriptions > example.com > Files and check content of the index file clarified on the previous step. It should not contain
Plesk Default pagetext. If it does, website content is not uploaded yet or was uploaded improperly (to the other website). If the website content is uploaded properly, set a precedence of its index file in web server settings described in the previous step.
Check for website/webmail configuration issues. Reconfigure the website:For Linux:
# plesk repair web example.comOr
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain example.comFor Windows:
C:\> plesk repair web example.comOr:
C:\> "%plesk_cli%\repair" --reconfigure-web-site -web-site-name example.com
Note: Webmail will be also reconfigured.
- For a Plesk server deployed on Amazon Cloud service or behind NAT, follow instructions from this article .
- For webmail default page, make sure that it is turned on in Domains > example.com > Mail > Mail Settings
- For Plesk on Windows, ensure the site is not stopped in IIS Manager > sites > example.com . It can be started using
Manage Websitemenu of
Actionspanel in IIS Manager.
- Clear browser cache, as obsolete cache can cause non-actual page shown in browser.
If the issue persists, or during the troubleshooting, the error was encountered, please check for the following available articles or search the solution in Knowledge Base :
- HTTPs website loads Plesk default page instead of content
- Webmail shows Plesk default page after creation on MailEnable
- Website shows Plesk default page on Plesk behind NAT or running on Amazon AWS
- Accessing site by domain alias shows a Plesk Default page: Tomcatmng utility failed with code 1
- Applying SSL certificate for securing webmail removes http binding in IIS
- Domains show default page after Plesk upgrade and reconfiguration stucks
#115001463089 [HUB] 502 Bad gateway
#115001611805 [HUB] 504 Gateway Timeout
#115001745365 [HUB] 99: Cannot assign requested address and AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address
#115001874705 [HUB] 403 Forbidden
#115002107425 [HUB] 503 Service Unavailable
#213934145 [HUB] Apache default page is shown
#213415429 [HUB] Unable to login to Plesk