- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
- Cannot start PHP FPM service:
# systemctl status php5-fpm.service
php5-fpm.service - The PHP FastCGI Process Manager
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/php5-fpm.service; enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2016-04-25 23:10:50 CEST; 7s ago
ERROR: [pool example.com] cannot get uid for user 'john.doe'
ERROR: FPM initialization failed
php5-fpm.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=78/n/a
Failed to start The PHP FastCGI Process Manager.
Unit php5-fpm.service entered failed state.
php.fpm.dconfiguration file for the domain the name is equal with the name from the error:
# grep user /etc/php-fpm.d/example.com
user = john.doe
# egrep -R user /opt/plesk/php/*/etc/php-fpm.d/example.com.conf
/opt/plesk/php/7.2/etc/php-fpm.d/example.com.conf:user = john.doe
- In Plesk database, system user differs from PHP FPM pool username:
# plesk db "select s.login from sys_users s join hosting h on h.sys_user_id=s.id join domains d on d.id=h.dom_id where d.name='example.com'"
| login |
| example |
The required system user is missing.
php-fpm pool wasn't updated properly.
- Log in to Plesk
- Re-generate PHP settings for the domain mentioned in the error message going to Domains > example.com > PHP Settings > OK
In case the issue persists:
- Connect to the server using SSH
- Apply changes to php_settings with the following command:
# /usr/local/psa/bin/php_settings -u
Per-domain PHP settings of all domains were successfully updated.