- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
- Plesk 11.0 for Linux
To simplify the process of installing Micro-Updates for earlier Plesk versions to PVC containers , the Plesk Service Team has prepared a special EZ template called pp-microupdates. The template is to be installed either on a container with Plesk (v. 8.6.0 or newer) or in the same transaction with other Plesk templates. At the final stage of the template installation or update transaction, the latest available micro-update is downloaded from http://autoinstall.plesk.com and forcibly installed. Micro-updates are installed by running this command inside of a container:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base
The autoinstaller utility needs up to 200 MB of virtual memory on some operating systems. If the template installation fails due to lack of memory (
value will increase in
), it is necessary to increase the amount of memory available to the container and retry the procedure.
Note 2: The above template installation does not schedule a periodical micro-update installation. Micro-updates are installed only during the initial installation or upgrade of the above template.
Note 3: The template cannot be installed to a container that has no PP installed on it. Such an installation will fail.
To install the template to a Hardware Node, perform the following steps:
1. Download this pp-microupdates.tar.gz archive to the HW Node.
2. Unpack the archive with the
tar -xzf pp-microupdates.tar.gz
3. Go to the resulting
directory. 4. Install the templates with this command:
# vzpkg install template <list of rpms>
- I have a container with PP and I do not know if it has the latest Micro-Updates installed in it. How do I install Micro-Updates?
>> The below command will install micro-updates:
# vzpkg install <CTID> pp-microupdates
- I wish to deploy a new container with PP and would like for it to have the latest Micro-Updates after the installation.
>> To deploy a container with Plesk and install micro-updates to it, you need to install the necessary Plesk templates in the same transaction with the pp-microupdates template. For example:
# vzpkg install <CTID> plesk9.5 plesk9.5-postfix pp-microupdates
- I already have a container with pp-microupdates template installed in it. How do I install the latest Micro-Updates (reinstall micro-updates)?
>> To install or reinstall the latest Micro-Updates to a container where the pp-microupdates template is already installed, you need to update the container using the following command (the container packages will be updated):
# vzpkg update <CTID>
Alternatively, you can update only the pp-microupdates template with the following command (only the packages included in that template will be updated):
# vzpkg update <CTID> pp-microupdates
Note: If you update the container using PIM (VZPP) or PVA, the latest micro-updates will not be installed. This is because PIM/PVA updates packages, not templates.
- I have a container with the pp-microupdates template installed inside of it. I want to update it to the next PP version. Will Micro-Updates be updated also?
>> No, a Plesk template update transaction does not involve a pp-microupdates template update. To update micro-updates, you need to update the container as described in step 3 above.
- I want to install several additional Plesk templates to a container where the pp-microupdates template is already installed. Will micro-updates be updated too?
>> No; the corresponding transaction will not involve a pp-microupdates template update. To update micro-updates, you need to update the container as described in step 3 above.
- Can I uninstall the pp-microupdates template from a container? Will it cause any issues?
>> You may safely uninstall the template, and it will not cause any issues (unlike uninstalling other PP templates).