- Smart update check in WP Toolkit on a Plesk server cannot be started and the following error message is displayed:
PLESK_ERROR: Smart Update could not connect to the website to fetch the sitemap.
- Plesk is installed on an AWS server with public IP address set up as external IP for NAT while it is present on a network interface.
- Requests to webserver via public IP address from inside the server fail:
# curl -vo /dev/null https://203.0.113.2
* Rebuilt URL to: https://203.0.113.2/
* Trying 203.0.113.2...
* TCP_NODELAY set
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0* connect to 203.0.113.2 port 443 failed: Connection refused
* Failed to connect to 203.0.113.2 port 443: Connection refused
* Closing connection 0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 203.0.113.2 port 443: Connection refused
Network misconfiguration (routing, excessively strong firewall).
This is an expected behavior. However, Jira item EXTWPTOOLK-10075 was created to track customers' issues. Link this Jira ID on reuse.
As a workaround, switch to internal resolver:
- Connect to a Plesk server via SSH.
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.inifile with preferred editor and add the following content into it: