- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
How to configure multiple scheduled backups in Plesk?
For example, create weekly backups on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Or every four hours.
This feature is available in Plesk starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.55:
PLESK_INFO: We are thrilled to introduce the Flexible Backups feature, which enables you to do the following:
* Establish multiple backup schedules with different destinations at once to get a flexible and robust backup policy.
* Establishing multiple backup schedules at once is a part of a license to the Backup to Cloud Pro extension. The extension is included to Plesk Hosting Pack.
* Schedule frequent (several times a day or even on hourly) backups for critical data with one click from the Plesk interface.
* By default, the ability to schedule hourly backups is only enabled for Plesk administrators. To enable resellers and customers to do so as well, go to Tools & Settings > Backup Manager, click Settings, select the “Allow customer and reseller accounts to schedule hourly backups” checkbox, and then click OK.
* Backing up only databases. Previously, it was possible to back up databases together with files only.
In case the feature is absent, enable it using the steps below:
Install Panel.ini Editor from the Extensions menu.
Open Panel.ini Editor extension and switch to the Editor tab.
Add the configuration below:
multipleSchedule = true
Note: For enabling hourly backups, please refer to the article How to create hourly backups in Plesk.
Warning: If you have manually created tasks for multiple scheduled backups backups previously, it is recommended to remove them and switch to the embedded UI function.
Prior to Plesk 18.0.55:
As an alternative, a scheduled task using the utility pleskbackup can be created: Reference for Command-Line Utilities, Plesk for Linux pleskbackup: Backing Up Content and Configuration.