- Plesk for Linux
- There is domain example.com and its alias alias-example.com in Plesk.
- Unable to install a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for example.com with the following error:
PLESK_ERROR: Error: Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for example.com.
The authorization token is not available at http://alias-example.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/E.
The token file '/var/www/vhosts/alias-example.com/httpdocs//.well-known/acme-challenge/' is missing.
Detail: Invalid response from http://example2.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/: "<!doctype html>
- Domain alias alias-example.com is resolved to IP address which does not belong to Plesk server.
Let's encrypt extension cannot get valid response from alias-example.com. As result whole task for certificate generation fails.
- Login to Plesk UI.
- Navigate to Domains > example.com > Let's Encrypt.
- On the step of configuring Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate, remove alias alias-example.com from the list of selected domain aliases to secure and press Install.