- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
While trying to set a new account on iPhone the following error appears:
CONFIG_TEXT: The IMAP server "mail.example.com" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field.
Note: Apple Mail application support TLS protocols since iOS 10
- Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account.
- In the displayed list of email providers, select Other. Then tap Add Mail Account
- On the New Account screen, enter the following information:
- Name. Specify the name that will be displayed in your emails.
- Email. Specify your full email address. Example: email@example.com.
- Password. Specify the password for your email account.
- Description. Specify account description (optionally).
- Tap Next. At the top of the next screen select IMAP (if it is needed to keep copies of received email messages on the server) or POP. Then specify the details of incoming and outgoing mail servers. For both servers, it is needed to enter the following:
- Host name. Type in your domain name, for example, example.com.
- User name. Type in the name of your email account, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password. The password to your email account (it is optional for outgoing mail server).
- Once the email configuration is added, tap Save to continue. The connection to the specified server will be verified. If the connection is OK, it will be possible to see the screen where it is needed to choose what information is wanted to be synced with the phone.
- When all the information is provided, tap Save to save the entered information. iPhone will then verify account information. Upon successful completion, it will be taken to the Mail screen. The account will now be listed in the Accounts section.
- Enable SSL at Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Choose
example.comaccount > Account > Outgoing Mail Server SMTP > Primary Server > Enable