- Plesk for Windows
- Plesk Backup Agent process plesk_agent_manager.exe occupies a lot of RAM which can be seen in Task Manager : commit size is few times bigger than the working set.
- The backup process hangs on a certain step without errors in logs.
- .NET Framework 4.5 is installed on the server that can be confirmed using this Microsoft article .
.NET Framework 4.5 does not perform memory defragmentation when destroying unused objects. It was improved in .NET Framework v.4.6.2.
- Connect to the server using RDP
- Install Windows updates or install the required update which will upgrade .NET Framework to the version 4.6.2. Refer to this Microsoft article for more details regarding the upgrade: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Web Installer) .
Note: It is strongly recommended to keep Plesk and the system updated.