- Plesk for Linux
Let's Encrypt SSL certificate securing mail has been renewed on the server.
iOS users are receiving the following message in iOS mail client:
CONFIG_TEXT: Cannot Verify Server Identity
Settings cannot verify the identity of "mail.example.com". Would you lake to continue anyway?
The "Details" screen does not have the "Trust" button in the upper-right corner.
iOS issue: iOS does not let the user select to "Trust" for a certificate if already existing account with a certificate not trusted by default.
There are two possible solutions:
- Recreate email accounts on iOS devices.
- Otherwise, manually install and allow using required SSL certificates from device settings:
- Get the certificate. The certificate can be exported from the browser to a .cer file
- It can be done doing the following:
- Press F12 > Security > View certificate
- On the new opened window go to the Details tab and click on Copy file
- It will open the export wizard. Click on Next
- Select "DER binary coded X.509 (.CER)" and click Next
- Select a name for the file and click Next
- Review the information and click on Finish
- Upload the .cer file on iOS device and install it through email or Safari browser by clicking/tapping on the file. It will open the profile menu in order to install the certificate as a profile on the device.
- Setup the email account
- If more information is needed on the certificate, it can be found in: Settings > General > Profile
Note: Interface on different versions of iOS may vary.