- Plesk Onyx for Windows
- A second elastic IP address was added to the AWS instance, where the Route53 extension is used.
- After some time or after the reboot all websites became unavailable.
- In Plesk, the second IP address only can be seen in Tools & Settings > IP Addresses
- All DNS records in Domains > example.com > DNS Settings were rewritten to use the second IP only.
This issue is caused by a Plesk bug #PPPM-7796, that is going to be fixed in future Plesk updates.
Until a fix becomes available, the following workaround may be used:
- Connect to the server over RDP.
- Go to Start > Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Prepare Public IP > right click - Disable.
- Use manual mapping in the Plesk panel by assigning the first and the second public IPs to private IPs in Tools & Settings > IP Addresses