- Plesk for Linux
- Execution of the command below fails with the following error:
# plesk repair dns
Restoring DNS server configuration Synchronizing DNS zones with the DNS server ..................... PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getPackageController() on null in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Repair/Dns.php on line 56
- BIND DNS server is installed.
- DNS Template is missing in Plesk > Tools & Settings > General Settings.
- DNS Settings tab is missing in Plesk > Domains > example.com.
- Whois Information tab is presented in Plesk > Domains > example.com.
One of BIND DNS server components was not properly installed or was not correctly detected by Plesk.
Redetect BIND DNS server components via Plesk > Tools & Settings > Server Components > Refresh:
If the issue still persists, reinstall the BIND DNS server:
- Log into Plesk.
- Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades > Add/Remove Components
- Click on opposite BIND DNS server and then to Remove:
- Click on Continue and wait until the uninstallation process is finished and click on OK
- Click on Add/Remove Component > click on opposite BIND DNS server and then to Install:
- Click on Continue and wait until the installation process is finished and click on OK
Alternatively, this can be done via command line:
- Connect to the server using SSH.
bindby executing following command one by one:
# plesk installer --select-release-current --remove-component bind
# plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component bind