- Plesk for Windows
The following error is shown in Domains > example.com > Backup Manager after a backup task is completed:
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to backup database content. Database db1. Db server HOSTNAME\SQLxxxx,2xxxx: [Cannot open database "exampledb" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'jdoe'.]
where xxxx - can be 2012, 2014, 2016 or other MS SQL version.
Corrupted permissions for MS SQL user jdoe that is assigned to the exampledb database.
Browse to Domains > example.com > Databases > User Management .
- Reset the password for jdoe user.
In case resetting the password is not an option, create another user using the following steps:
- Log into Plesk.
- Browse to Domains > example.com > Databases > User Management and click Add Database User .
- Create another user (e.g. jdoe2 ) for the database exampledb.
- Go to Domains > example.com > Databases > User Management > jdoe2 and tick Use this user's credentials by default for accessing myLittleAdmin checkbox.
Another way is to correct permissions for jdoe using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio:
- Connect to the server via RDP;
- Go to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio > Databases > example > Security > Users > user_name > Right click on it and select Properties and set "db_owner" and "db_backupoperator" rights > OK.