- Plesk for Windows
There is a couple of WordPress sites that were running on the server before Plesk was installed on it. How to integrate this sites to Plesk?
Such functionality is yet to be implemented in Plesk. Take a part in our product improvement by creating a feature request in our UserVoice .
As a workaround, it is possible to re-create the site and add it to Plesk.
Note: steps below are just an example that can vary based on the site's specific.
- Connect to the server via RDP
- Create a backup of IIS configuration with the following command:
C:\> %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe add backup "Backup-Name"
- Create a backup of directory where WordPress website content is stored.
- Remove WordPress from IIS > Sites > example.com
- Log in Plesk
- Create a Subscription with the same name as WordPress domain name example.com in Home > Subscriptions
- Browse to File Manager of newly created subscription Home > Subscriptions > example.com > File Manager and upload content of the WP site to
- Link existing WordPress database
wordpress_dbto Plesk with the following command:
C:\> plesk bin database.exe --register wordpress_db -domain example.com -server localhost:3306
- After that browse to Home > Subscriptions > example.com > WordPress:
- Click on Scan button to register WordPress instance in WordPress Toolkit: