- A WordPress website does not load: after long waiting Error 500 is shown in browser;
- Let's Encrypt or another valid certificate has been set for the domain in Domains > example.com > Hosting Settings;
- If default self-signed SSL certificate is chosen, then the website loads correctly;
- The following error appears in
CONFIG_TEXT: mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 120 seconds
- WordPress administrator's page https://example.com/wp-admin and a test page (phpinfo.php) are loading without any issues;
- Really Simple SSL plugin is installed on WordPress.
Note: even in deactivated state it may cause the issue.
Website code misconfiguration due to improper configuration of Really Simple SSL plugin being installed.
Reconfigure Really Simple SSL plugin or uninstall it according to the article on the plugin developer's website.