- Plesk for Windows
- Unable to open Wordpress Toolkit after an update:
PLESK_ERROR: Checking for updates finished with errors.
Internal error: Can't find Composer autoloader.
Try running: composer install
PHP Warning: file_get_contents(C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\Additional\modules\wp-toolkit\vendor\wp-cli\wp-cli/VERSION): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\Additional\modules\wp-toolkit\vendor\wp-cli\wp-cli\php\wp-cli.php on line 5
- The following error is shown in
CONFIG_TEXT: C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\bin\extension.exe --upgrade-url https://ext.plesk.com/packages/00d002a7-3252-4996-8a08-aa1c89cf29f7-wp-toolkit/download?2.4.1-696 failed with error 1(0x00000001). Output:
STDERR:Execution of C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\admin\plib\modules\wp-toolkit\scripts\post-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
Action '' failed with error 1(0x00000001)
Error: The installation of the package 'ext-wp-toolkit' failed with code 1. (upgrade: Upgrading WordPress Toolkit extension...)
Not all packages were installed.
WordPress Toolkit was corrupted during an upgrade.
- Log into Plesk.
- Remove the WordPress Toolkit via Extensions > My Extensions > Wordpress Toolkit > Remove.
- Install WordPress Toolkit back: Extensions > Wordpress Toolkit > Install.
- Run Scan to find existing WordPress instances in WordPress > Scan:
- Access the server via RDP.
- Finish Plesk update by running the following command:
C:\> plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components