- Plesk for Linux
Installation of WordPress application fails with the error:
PLESK_ERROR: Plugin mysql_old_password is not loaded
The following error can be observed in
FIXME: database type is not supported.
There is one database user that has access to all databases in
Home > Domains > example.com > Databases > Database Users > db_user
and such user has
mysql_old_passwordplugin option set:
MYSQL_LIN: select plugin from user where User="db_user"\G
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
- It is not possible to remove any database or to reset password for db_user with the same error.
During MySQL queries plugin
is being called, however it is not enabled server wide as default.
plugin is not recommended since it can break some Plesk functionality.
To solve the issue perform the following steps:
- Log into Plesk and browse to Home > Domains > example.com > Databases > Database Users ;
- Create a new database user and allow access to any database;
- For db_user change value for Database field from Any to some database;
- Save the changes;
- Reset the password for db_user .