- Installation of WordPress application fails with the error:
PLESK_ERROR: Plugin mysql_old_password is not loaded
- The following error can be observed in
FIXME: database type is not supported.
- There is one database user that has access to all databases in Home > Domains > example.com > Databases > Database Users > db_user and such user has
mysql_old_passwordplugin option set:
MYSQL_LIN: select plugin from user where User="db_user"\G
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
- It is not possible to remove any database or to reset password for db_user with the same error.
During MySQL queries plugin
mysql_old_password is being called, however it is not enabled server wide as default.
mysql_old_password plugin is not recommended since it can break some Plesk functionality.
To solve the issue perform the following steps:
- Log into Plesk and browse to Home > Domains > example.com > Databases > Database Users;
- Create a new database user and allow access to any database;
- For db_user change value for Database field from Any to some database;
- Save the changes;
- Reset the password for db_user.