- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Why Plesk shows different available system updates when compared to the system package manager?
- Plesk UI excludes kernel patch updates available under Plesk UI > Tools & Settings > System Updates;
Enable safe updates for system packagesmode is disabled under Tools & Settings > System Updates > Settings, the kernel update patch is still not included;
- Kernel update can be seen while executing the following command:
# yum check-updates
Kernel updates are excluded from PUM (Plesk Update Manager) for the following reasons:
- kernel updates are handled by Yum and apt in a different way than other updates (i.e., a new package is usually installed instead of updating existing one, and an old package sometimes is removed).
- the server needs rebooting to apply the kernel updates
Install kernel updates manually using "yum" utility and then reboot the server to apply the updates: