- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Available updates shown by package manager and by Plesk are different. Why is it so?
- Plesk user interface excludes kernel patch updates available under Tools & Settings > System Updates;
Enable safe updates for system packagesmode is disabled under Tools & Settings > System Updates > Settings, the kernel update patch is still not included;
- The following command shows the kernel update available:
# yum check-updates
# apt-get -u upgrade --assume-no
Kernel updates are excluded from PUM (Plesk Update Manager) for the following reasons:
- kernel updates are handled by YUM and APT differently than other updates (i.e., the new package is usually installed instead of updating existing one, and the old package, sometimes, is removed).
- the server needs rebooting to apply the kernel updates
Install kernel updates manually using "yum" or "apt-get" utility and then reboot the server: