- Plesk page is not available with HTTP 503 error.
- IIS Plesk application pool stopped in few moments after being started.
- The following error message can be obtained from the Event Viewer:
PLESK_INFO: Faulting application name: w3wp.exe, version: 8.5.9600.16384, time stamp: 0x52157ba0
Faulting module name: WSOCK32.dll, version: 5.1.2600.2180, time stamp: 0x4885c399
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000020a3
Faulting process id: 0x10f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d35d422e6afde2
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\inetsrv\WSOCK32.dll
Report Id: 6d315e94-c935-11e7-80c9-00155d0b0a43
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: SOCK32.dll
- Process Monitor bound to the w3wp.exe shows that applications like the following from the
C:\Windows\Tempinterfere the IIS process:
- The following message in the Event Viewer related to the aforementioned malicious software:
PLESK_INFO: The Vwxyab Defghijk Mnopqrst Vwxy service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 9822 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service.
The aforementioned malicious software can be considered as the following viruses:
Scan the server and cure it with an antivirus to resolve the issue.