- Plesk Onyx for Linux
Attempt to move/copy files or directories with Plesk File Manager fails:
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to copy /file: filemng failed: filemng: Error occurred during /usr/bin/file command.
The issue occurs only on Plesk 17.5.30 for Ubuntu 14.04 and Debian 7.
Bug registered with ID #PPPM-7455 which is planned to be fixed in future Plesk releases.
As a workaround replace the file
with the patched one:
- Connect to the server via SSH;
- Create a backup of the original filemng file:
# cp -rp /opt/psa/admin/sbin/filemng /opt/psa/admin/sbin/filemng.orig
- Download and extract patch from the attachment (for debian 7, substitute the link and the filename while unzipping):
# cd /root/
# wget https://plesk.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/115004331814/ubuntu14.zip
# unzip ubuntu14.zip
# md5sum /root/filemng
- Replace the original file with patched one:
# cp -rp /root/filemng /opt/psa/admin/sbin/filemng
- Verify permissions for the file:
# stat /opt/psa/admin/sbin/filemng | grep Access
Access: (0750/-rwxr-x---) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ root)