Plesk notifications are not delivered. The following messages could be found in SMTP logs at MailEnableAdmin > Servers > localhost > Services and Connectors > SMTP > Logs > Activity:
05/18/17 13:11:38 SMTP-IN 53F8E080E9BC45C5941B475C5A158963.MAI 1452 127.0.0.1 AUTH AUTH LOGIN 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized. 41 12 05/18/17 13:11:38 SMTP-IN 53F8E080E9BC45C5941B475C5A158963.MAI 1452 127.0.0.1 QUIT QUIT 221 Service closing transmission channel 42 6
Additional port is configured for SMTP at MailEnable Administration program in Servers > localhost > Connectors > Right click > Properties > Inbound > Port Settings.
Local Plesk SMTP server is used.
SMTP authentication on 25 port is disabled.
Specific mail server configuration.
Configure an external SMTP server:
- Go to Plesk > Tools & Settings > External SMTP Server Settings and uncheck Use the mail server installed with Plesk and the default mail account created by Plesk. 127.0.0.1 IP address will be specified as Host name or IP address.
- Select one of the following options:
- Remove a username (left field empty), so connection will go to the mail server through the port 25 without authentication;
- Change a port to configured additional one as it is configured in MailEnable (username and password for authentication are required);
- Change a port to 465. This is a more preferable variant (username and password for authentication are required).