- Plesk for Windows
Note: This article has the reference to the issue with the fix available:
"If the source system had services with names or descriptions, containing non-ASCII characters,
the whole server migration failed with message
‘Failed to remove missing Python and Perl scripting options from backup dump’."
- Plesk Migrator 2.10.10 20 July 2017 (Windows)
While a subscription migrating the following warnings occur:
=|2017-05-06_14:36:25,321|I|MT|core.reports.printer||||- warning: Failed to dump the following capability data: Server components. Not all potential problems may be detected.
=|2017-05-06_14:36:25,321|I|MT|core.reports.printer|||| Error message: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 26268-26269: ordinal not in range(128)
=| raise err
=|Exception: Failed to execute local command '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng" --get': 'gbk' codec can't decode bytes in position 6799-6800: illegal multibyte sequence
This is Plesk Migrator bug with ID PMT-3704 which is planned to be fixed in future updates.
1. Execute the following command: "%plesk_bin%\defpackagemng" --get > def_output.txt ;
2. Find the non-ASCII characters and the corresponding service in the resulting file (
3. Stop the aforementioned service and close all Microsoft Management Console (
regedit.exe (Registry Editor)
5. Navigate to
and find the subkey with your service's name.
6. Right-click the "DisplayName" key you found in step 3, and select
and delete or rename all non-ASCII characters;
7. Restart the computer. Otherwise,
, the process that hosts the service control manager, won't see the change unless you do.