How to manage mail server settings in Plesk using CLI?
Note: if you don't have administrative access to Plesk server via SSH or RDP, contact your hosting provider regarding the issue
mailserver utility is used to manage Plesk mail server settings. By using this utility, the following tasks can be performed:
- setting the relaying mode for the mail server.
- setting the maximum message size that can be accepted by the mail server.
- enabling, disabling, and configuring spam protection service.
- enabling, disabling, and configuring outgoing mail control service.
- setting the IP address for outgoing mail.
- managing mail server black and white lists.
For example, the following command sets the relaying mode that requires authorization, specifies the POP3 authorization type for mail users, and set the lock time to 10 minutes:
# plesk bin mailserver --set-relay auth -auth-type pop3 -lock-time 10
Full list of options can be found in the documentation below: