- Plesk Onyx
Note: This article has the reference to the issue with the fix available:
- #PMT-3698 "Site migration was blocked if the source web server rejected requests without the User-Agent header."
- Plesk Migrator 2.7.9 27 April 2017
Website importing at Plesk > Domains > example.com > Website importing fails with the following error:
Unable to locate the document root directory of the website.
1. The FTP user only has access to a directory inside the document root.
For example, you cannot migrate the website http://example.com/ if the FTP user only has access to a subdirectory of the website, e.g. http://example.com/blog.
To resolve the issue, make sure that the FTP user has access to the document root of the website.
2. The document root of the website is located more than three levels deep relative to the FTP root directory.
For example, you cannot migrate the website http://example.com/ if its document root directory is /var/www/vhosts/my/sites/example.com/httpdocs and the FTP user root is in /var/www/.
3. There are rewrite rules for the document root (for example, specified by mod_rewrite and the .htaccess file).
To resolve the issue, temporarily disable the rewrite rules.
Site migration gets blocked if source web server refuses requests with the unknown user agent.
This is Plesk Migrator issue wit ID #PMT-3698 which was fixed in Plesk Migrator 2.7.9 .
Plesk Migrator extension updates automatically. No specific actions are required.