- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Microsoft Outlook 365 application fails to connect email server via IMAP and receive emails.
- No emails are displayed in Inbox.
- Courier-IMAP mail server is used.
/var/log/maillogfile contains the following entries:
CONFIG_TEXT: ns2 courier-imaps: LOGIN, email@example.com ip=[203.0.113.2], port=, protocol=IMAP
srv courier-imaps: Unexpected SSL connection shutdown.
Incorrect mailbox settings.
There are two options to fix the issue:
1. Open Outlook account settings > More Settings > Advanced > Root folder path type INBOX and click OK:
2. After settings are changed, open Send/Receive tab and click Send/Receive all folders.
2. Switch IMAP server service from "Courier-IMAP" to "Dovecot"
Navigate to Home > Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades > Mail hosting > IMAP/POP3 servers and set Mail server to Dovecot.