- Plesk Onyx 17.0 for Windows
- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Windows
Note: This article has the reference to the issue with the fix available:
- #PPPM-6076 "Support issue #PPPM-6076"
- Plesk Onyx 17.8 Release 17 April 2018
- The following error occurs on attempt to renew a Let's Encrypt certificate:
CONFIG_TEXT: Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
- The following error is shown in the Event Viewer:
CONFIG_TEXT: Fault offset: 0x000e1f78
Faulting process id: 0x6a14
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2b24d43cecc12
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\engine\php-cgi.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\engine\php5.dll
Report Id: 5bb231b1-1e48-11e7-80f2-000d3a31264b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
TEMPfolder was moved from disk
C:\to another one.
Incorrect permissions for
psaadm user on the new
TEMP folder. This is also the Plesk bug #PPPM-6076 that is fixed in Plesk Onyx 17.8.
- Log into the server via RDP.
- Add the following line to
CONFIG_TEXT: sys_temp_dir=" C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\ PrivateTemp"
Note: Modify the path according to your Plesk installation.