- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- The following is shown in Plesk:
PLESK_ERROR: New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: httpd: Syntax error on line 56 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 80 of /etc/httpd/conf.modules.d/00-base.conf: Cannot load /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_pagespeed_ap24.so into server: /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_pagespeed_ap24.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
- Apache module from the error message is absent on the server:
# ls -l /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/ | grep -i pagespeed
Apache module was not removed correctly and an orphaned reference to it exists in Apache configuration.
In order to resolve the emergency, find and comment out the include of this module from the configs. For that:
- Log into the server via SSH.
- Find the include in the configuration files:
# grep -rn "LoadModule" /etc/httpd/conf* | grep pagespeed
- Use a text editor to comment out line referring to the orphaned module in
/etc/httpd/conf.modules.d/00-base.conf(in this case the line 76) by adding '
#' at the beginning of the line:
# cat /etc/httpd/conf.modules.d/00-base.conf
- Run following command to re-create Apache configuration files:
# plesk sbin httpdmng --reconfigure-all