- Plesk Onyx
How to upload a backup to Plesk via the command line of Plesk UI?
Via Plesk UI:
- Browse to Tools & Settings > Backup Manager .
- Click Upload .
- Click Choose File and specify the path to it.
Note: In case backup of example.com domain was uploaded, it will not be showing in Tools & Settings > Backup Manager , but will be available via Domains > example.com > Backup Manager . Additional information is available on the following link: Uploading, Downloading, and Removing Backups
Via Command Line:
Upload a backup file (such as backup_info_1709251911.xml.tar) via an FTP to a server where the backup should be restored.
Log in to the server via SSH.
Execute the following command to import the uploaded file of backup to Plesk:
# plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification <path-to-tar-file>
Note: By default a backup will be unpacked to
If backup is password protected, use the following command:
# PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD="yourpassword" plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification
In Plesk go to Tools & Settings > Backup Manager and find a backup that has been uploaded.
- Connect to the server using RDP
- Upload a backup file via an FTP to a server where the backup should be restored.
- Open Windows Command Prompt (CMD) in a Windows server: Right-click the Start charm, and then click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Execute the following command to import the uploaded file of backup to Plesk:
C:\> "%plesk_bin%\pmm-ras" --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification <path-to-file>