- Plesk Onyx for Linux
How to install WHMCS 7 on Plesk Onyx for Linux?
WARNING: Do not install WHMCS on the same Plesk server which will be managed by WHMCS, since web services will be restarting upon provisioning and it will cause errors in WHMCS.
Note: WHMCS can be installed on server with Plesk Onyx 17.8 or on server with Plesk Onyx 17.5. WHMCS must be used for managing remote Plesk servers. Managment of local server (the same Plesk server where WHMCS is installed) is not supported. WHMCS requires "WHMCS Plesk Provisioning Module" in order to manage remote Plesk servers.
Here are the steps to install WHMCS on a domain whcs.example.com:
- Create a new database at Domains > whmcs.example.com > Databases.
whmcs.zipfile from vendor's site and unpack it to the httpdocs directory of example.com via Domains > whmcs.example.com > /httpdocs.
- Rename the file
configuration.phpand set write permissions to this file.
- Set PHP version to 5.6 at Domains > whmcs.example.com > PHP Settings.
- Open the link https://whmcs.example.com/install/install.php and go through the installation steps.
- Remove the directory
- Access the admin panel at https://whmcs.example.com/admin.
WHMCS requires "WHMCS Plesk Provisioning Module" in order to manage remote Plesk servers. The module can be installed using these steps:
- Connect to server over SSH.
- Download module from https://github.com/plesk/whmcs-plugin as zip archive.
# cd /root && wget https://github.com/plesk/whmcs-plugin
- On server create folder named "plesk" and copy all module files to it.
# mkdir /root/plesk/
- Put this folder to <WHMCS-root-directory>/modules/servers/ on your server . For example, folder is "/var/www/vhosts/whmcs.example.com/httpdocs/modules/servers/":
# cp -a /root/plesk /var/www/vhosts/whmcs.example.com/httpdocs/modules/servers/
- Log out from WHMCS and log into WHMCS as administrator.
The appropriate type of server ("Plesk") is now added to server types list and product setting "Module Name".