- Plesk Onyx 17.5
- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Linux
- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Windows
23 March 2017
[+] Extension Catalog improvements:
- Browse extensions in style with a redesigned Extensions Catalog interface.
- User-friendly and intuitive, it helps you get things done faster.
- Use categories to filter available extensions and find the ones you need.
- Check out new and featured extensions to discover what is popular with other Plesk users right now.
- Request the creation of an extension if you could not find one to suit your needs.
- Rate your favorite extensions!
- [+] Incoming mail verification using SPF and DMARC.
- [-] Installation prefixes of web applications were not passed to event handlers. (PPPM-5303)
- [-] The “Upgrade 3rd party components” option in “Tools & Settings” > “System Updates” was not being enabled durin an upgrade to Plesk Onyx. (PPP-27030)
- [-] Retrieving information about resellers via an XML API call using the <reseller> operator failed if one or more mailboxes owned by a reseller had disk quota greater than 4 GB configured. (PPP-27207)
- [-] Attempting to restore a corrupted Plesk backup stored on an FTP repository or to create an incremental backup based on it rapidly consumed all available disk space on the server. (PPPM-5407)
- [-] Plesk failed to remove temporary extension files created during backup from the “DUMP_TMP_D” folder. (PPPM-5405)
- [-] Extensions were not included in Plesk backups if there were one or more symlinks in the folder containing the extension’s files. (PPPM-5480)
- [-] The “last updated” date on the Plesk Home page was displayed incorrectly in French locale. (PPPM-5496)
- [-] The wording of the “Maximum number of scheduled backup files to store” setting in “Tools & Settings” > “Backup Manager” was misleading. (PPP-27349)
- [-] Plesk did not ensure that FTP repositories used for storing backups supported APPE/REST commands, which could result in issues during backup to FTP. (PPP-27355)
- [-] File Manager could hang when trying to display the content of a directory containing a big amount of files. (PPPM-3718)
- [-] If a new product configuration was enabled for a license having been installed in Plesk, this configuration was not updated when retrieving the license key in Plesk. (PPP-26361)
- [-] File Manager could not be opened for a domain if the domain directory contained a file or a folder with non-UTF-8 characters in the name. (PPPM-5040)
- [-] In some cases, the “Call to a member function getDomain() on null” error message was displayed in the Plesk user interface. (PPPM-5095)
- [-] In some cases, the “Call to a member function getValue() on null” error message was displayed in the Plesk user interface. (PPP-26552)
- [-] It was impossible to create a database user with the dot character in the name. (PPP-26627)
- [-] It was impossible to add a DNS record of the “TXT” type longer than 255 characters. Now, this limitation is increased to 512 characters. (PPPM-4778)
- [-] PHP handler of a subscription’s subdomain changed after changing PHP handler of the subscription. (PPPM-5142)
- [-] During operations with domain aliases, the event handler did not reflect the “OLD_DOMAIN_NAME” and “NEW_DOMAIN_NAME” variables in the logs. (PPP-26699)
- [-] Tasks from rotated scheduled backups were displayed in Plesk Backup Manager. This could look confusing for users. (PPPM-5838)
- [-] After successful Plesk update, the notifications about the previous failed updates were still shown in the Plesk user interface. (PPP-26931)
- [-] Changing the PHP handler or version for a domain caused the same change for a subdomain. (PPPM-4617, PPPM-5547).
- [-] In German locale, the email template for notification about overusing resources had a typo. (PPPM-5706).
- [-] Plesk administrator could not change any settings on the “Tools & Setting” > “Mail Server Settings” screen in Italian locale. (PPPM-5761)
- [-] Retrieving the list of available PHP handlers in use via an XML API call using the <php-handler> operator took a long time if a large number of domains were hosted on the server. (PPPM-5621)
- [-] Backups could not be uploaded to an FTP repository via the FTPS protocol. (PPPM-5922)
- [*] Fail2Ban was updated to version 0.9.6.
- [*] Dovecot was updated to version 2.2.27.
- [*] Roundcube was updated to version 1.2.3.
- [*] Horde was updated to version 5.2.13.
- [*] ProFTPD was updated to version to 1.3.5d.
- [*] Nginx was updated to version 1.11.10.
- [-] On Ubuntu 16.04 servers using Dovecot, mail could not be delivered if apparmor was enabled on the server. (PPP-26959)
[-] On CentOS 6 servers, running the
plesk sbin mchkutility resulted in Postfix being removed from the list of services to be run on server startup. (PPP-27031)
- [-] Plesk administrator could not view or edit service plan settings if all fastcgi and PHP-FPM handlers were disabled on the server. (PPPM-5332)
- [-] On Ubuntu 16.04 servers, changing the PHP handler for a domain with multiple subdomains could result in an error if all of them were configured to use the “FPM application served by Apache” handler and the same version of PHP . (PPPM-5142)
- [-] Creating full server backups via the “Dropbox backup” extension sometimes resulted in backups consuming more disk space than expected. (PPPM-5475)
[-] Updating the IP address of a subscription without hosting using the
plesk bin subscriptionutility failed to update the subscription’s “*_webmail.conf” file. (PPPM-5464)
- [-] On Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04 servers, AWStats web statistics could not be displayed. (PPP-27322)
- [-] On CentOS 7 servers, Apache failed to start if the “proxy.plesk” or the “proxy_fcgi.plesk” modules were enabled in Plesk. (PPPM-5490)
- [-] PostgreSQL databases could not be backed up if PostgreSQL version 9.5 or later was installed on the server. (PPP-27343)
- [-] Fail2Ban hung when trying to monitor log files after restarting a server with many websites. (PPPM-4692, PPPM-5494)
- [-] On Plesk with Apache 2.4, a domain configuration could not be updated because Apache failed to restart. (PPPM-3904)
- [-] In some cases, a subscription could not be created via the Plesk user interface and a confusing error message appeared. (PPPM-4524)
- [-] It was impossible to upgrade Plesk from version 12.5 to Onyx if Plesk used MySQL server 5.7 with the strict mode enabled. (PPP-26650)
- [-] Logs were not rotated on an additional domain even if log rotation was enabled on the service plan of the additional domain’s subscription. (PPPM-5213)
- [-] The PHP memory limit could not be changed via an XML API request. (PPP-26819)
- [-] On Ubuntu 14.04 x64 servers, Apache failed to restart after the upgrade to Plesk Onyx. (PPPM-5510)
- [-] On CentOS 7.3 x64 servers, a customer could not set up a permanent 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS for their subscription. (PPPM-5813, PPPM-5434)
- [-] If the Outgoing Mail Control was enabled server-wide, it was not possible to forward messages from one local mailbox to another with the auto-reply option. (PPPM-5658)
- [-] Using permanent redirects both from HTTP to HTTPS and from domain.tls to www.domain.tld version caused a redirect chain. It was improved to redirect, for example, http://domain.tld to https://www.domain.tld. (PPP-27750)
- [-] Plesk Firewall could take too long to add a rule, probably causing a “Gateway timeout” error in Plesk GUI. (PPPM-5699)
[-] If the website preview was switched from “Default Quick Preview” to “Quick Preview on an external domain name”, the server IP was removed from
- [-] On CentOS 6 x64, changing the PHP version caused a change of PHP handler to FastCGI by Apache. (PPPM-5618).
- [-] Mistyping a Plesk URL in such a way that it ended with the word ‘login’ closed the current session and redirected the user to the Plesk login page. (PPPM-5736)
- [-] Plesk administrator could configure Apache and nginx in such a way that PHP files were not being handled even though PHP was enabled. (PPPM-5742)
- [-] Under specific circumstances, removing a subdomain in Plesk resulted in the PHP-FPM service starting to malfunction. (PPPM-4583)
- [-] Plesk administrator could not disable the “opcache” PHP extension. (PPPM-5769)
- [-] Apache sometimes failed to restart gracefully because a hardcoded timeout value was too small. (PPP-28181)
- [-] On Ubuntu 16.04 servers, the “php7” Apache module could not be enabled. (PPPM-5864)
- [-] Plesk failed to correctly respond to subscriptions exceeding the hard disk quota configured. (PPPM-5898)
- [*] MySQL was updated to version 5.6.35.
- [-] Upgrade to Plesk Onyx could fail if there were any *.xml_bak files in the %plesk_dir%\etc\disksecurity folder. (PPPM-5308)
- [-] Plesk backups could fail with the “Input string was not in a correct format” error if the data in the Plesk database were inconsistent. (PPPM-5341)
- [-] Health Monitor failed to display CPU and memory usage of “php-cgi” and “w3wp” processes. (PPPM-5424)
- [-] SmarterMail administrator password could no longer be changed in Plesk after changing it via the SmarterMail web interface. (PPPM-5467)
[-] On Windows 2008 R2 servers, creating a domain with the “Prohibit the ability to override handlers via web.config” setting enabled in “Tools & Settings” > “Security Policy” could result in the website being inoperable. In such cases, disabling this option and reconfiguring the website via the
plesk bin repairutility failed to restore the website to operation. (PPP-27345)
- [-] After upgrading to Plesk Onyx, websites could become inoperable if the “Prohibit the ability to override handlers via web.config” setting was enabled in “Tools & Settings” > “Security Policy”. (PPP-27346)
- [-] Certain functions of Plesk Reconfigurator were unavailable to users whose user account on the server was not named “administrator”, even if it was a member of the “Administrators” group. (PPP-27348)
- [-] After upgrading to Plesk Onyx, websites could become inoperable if custom permissions for the inetpub\vhosts folder were configured in the %plesk_dir%\etc\disksecurity\custom.xml file. (PPPM-5501)
- [-] Web Presence Builder displayed a confusing error message on the Documents tab. (PPPM-5235)
- [-] On Windows 2012 R2 servers, set as an IIS node, Dynamic Website Activation could disrupt the functioning of Plesk and all websites on the server. (PPP-27503)
- [-] A customer could not create a mail account for SmarterMail. (PPPM-5560)
- [-] Installing a Horde mail client did not require that the MySQL server was running, resulting in errors. (PPPM-5562).
- [-] Kaspersky Anti-Virus did not check mail messages to mailboxes that were created after setting it up as a default anti-virus. (PPPM-5619)
- [-] When Node.js was installed in a non-standard path, NPM install failed due to a missing permission. (PPPM-5651)
- [-] The service of SimpleDNS Plus v. 184.108.40.206 was erroneously detected as “Not Activated”. (PPPM-5678)
- [-] It was not possible to create a database with a name starting with an underscore. (PPP-27878)
- [-] Domain creation sometimes failed if one or more large files (700 MB or more) were present in the virtual host template. (PPPM-5773)
- [-] Plesk could not manage Microsoft SQL Server instances that were hardened in accordance with the PCI compliance guidelines. (PPPM-5802)
- [-] Plesk daily maintenance script failed to calculate website statistics. (PPPM-5827)
[-] Running the
plesk repair ftputility produced confusing error messages if the path to an FTP user’s directory contained “/” characters instead of “". (PPPM-5839)
- [-] DKIM settings could not be managed if SmarterMail 14.x or earlier was installed on the server. (PPPM-5812)