- Plesk for Linux
- The site is redirected from HTTPS to HTTP.
curlcommand shows that object has been moved:
# curl https://example.com
<h2>Object moved to <a href="http://example.com/">here</a>.</h2>
wgetshows 301 permanent redirect:
# wget https://example.com
--2017-10-15 11:43:46-- https://example.com/
Resolving example.com... 203.0.113.2
Connecting to example.com|203.0.113.2|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://example.com/ [following]
--2017-10-15 11:43:47-- http://example.com/
Connecting to example.com|203.0.113.2|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
- Enabling of the Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS directive in Plesk > Domains > example.com > Hostings Settings leads to
CONFIG_TEXT: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTSerror in the browser after 20 redirects
- In an attempt to ask directly just created new custom file via the browser
CONFIG_TEXT: https://example.com/index_custom.htmlno redirect appears
Additional symptoms for Windows:
- There are no redirect and rewrite directives in IIS > Server_name > Sites > example.com > HTTP Redirect and IIS > Server_name > Sites > example.com > HTTP Redirect > URL Rewrite
- No redirect and rewrite directives in
Redirect loop inside of the web application or website.
Contact the application/web developer for a code review.