- Plesk for Linux
The following errors can be found in
Failure_to_exec_mailman_wrapper. WANTED_gid_110,_GOT_gid_101. (Reconfigure_to_take_101?)/did_0+0+1/
To solve this issue follow the steps below.
1. Check that /var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapper has right permissions as listed below:
# ls -al /var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapper
-r-xr-sr-x 21:06 /var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapper
2. Change the permissions and ownership to the right ones:
# chmod 2555 /var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapper
3. Make sure that 'popuser' UID (user ID) and GID (group ID) are 110:
# id popuser
uid=110(popuser) gid=110(popuser) groups=110(popuser)
4. If popuser GID is 101 (as reported in the above error) or other number, it is needed to be changed to 110.
5. Stop services which use 'popuser' user and group: mailman, qmail, courier-imap, xinetd or inetd. Then check that no other uses 110 GID and change popuser's GID to 110 in /etc/group file and in /etc/passwd (using `vipw` utility):
popuser:x:110:110:POP3 service user:/:/bin/false
6. Run the following command to rebuild qmail configuration files:
# $PRODUCT_ROOT_D /admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
7. Then you need to find out all files which are owned by previous popuser GID (for example 101) and change their ownership to the new popuser group ID:
# find /var /usr/lib/mailman -gid 101 -print0 | xargs -r0 chgrp popuser
8. Make sure that all users in /var/qmail/users/assign has group ID 110.
9. Start the services back.