- Plesk for Windows
- Migration is stuck at the very beginning with starting migration message and nothing is coming up:
- Attempt to reload source server data from the command line is successful:
C:\> "%PLESK_DIR%\admin\plib\modules\panel-migrator\backend\plesk-migrator.bat" generate-migration-list "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20170911094445/config.ini"
[2017-09-11 23:40:49][INFO] FINISH: Generate migration list file
[2017-09-11 23:40:49][INFO] Perform final clean up
- Migration session configuration file
%PLESK_DIR%\var\modules\panel-migrator\sessions\20170911094445\config.inicontains the following information regarding the user credentials for the target server:
CONFIG_TEXT: windows-username = "admin"This user does not exist on the target server.
Wrong build-in administrator user provided for the migration. For the wrong user/password provided Migrator should warn the user about it and then fail the migration.
This migration stuck is Plesk bug with ID PMT-3961 which is planned to be fixed in future Plesk updates.
- Log into the Windows server via RDP .
%PLESK_DIR%\var\modules\panel-migrator\sessions\20170911094445\config.inifile with any text editor and replace admin with the server's built-in administrator login user like the administrator.
- Log into the Plesk .
- Go to Home > Tools & Settings > Migration & Transfer Manager and proceed with the migration.