- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
- Subdomain.example.com page gets redirected to example.com.
- Example.com is assigned as a Default site in Tools & Settings > IP addresses > 203.0.113.2
- In Plesk subdomain subdomain.example.com is created as a separate subscription and assigned to another IP address in Domains > subdomain.example.com > Web Hosting Access > 203.0.113.3
- DNS is not managed through Plesk: 3d party DNS is used. Globally subdomains are pointed to the IP address of the main domain's IP address:
# host subdomain.example.com
subdomain.example.com has address 203.0.113.2
Incorrect 3d party DNS settings: according to global DNS, subdomain.example.com resolves to 203.0.113.2, but on a local Plesk server this IP does not contain configuration for subdomain.example.com, so the default site of 203.0.113.2 IP is shown which is example.com
Use any of the following solutions:
1. Assign all domains to a single IP 203.0.113.2 in Plesk: Domains > subdomain.example.com > Web Hosting Access
2. Adjust the third-party DNS service settings so that every subdomain is pointed to an actual Plesk IP like one assigned in Domains > subdomain.example.com > Web Hosting Access
Note: It may take up to 48 hours for adjusted DNS records to propagate through the Internet.