- Plesk for Linux
Cannot restore a backup from remote FTP.
PLESK_ERROR: This process takes too long. Check the results a few minutes.
Restoration log like
/var/log/plesk/PMM/restore-2017-09-07-19-11-35-782/pmmcli.log shows the following:
== STDERR ====================
[2017-09-07 20:54:37.050| 1504] INFO: pmm-ras started : /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pmm-ras --verbose --debug --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification=/usr/local/psa/tmp/v0yzcyIO --dump-stora
ge=/var/lib/psa/dumps/ --guid=228bc0ad-5ba2-4b52-8b84-dd478352e611 --type=reseller --session-path=/var/log/plesk/PMM --check-sign
The output on STDERR was:
/bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Enough free space is available on the server disk.
Backup has been created as a full backup of the reseller.
A backup archive is corrupted.
As a workaround, this backup probably can be restored for some domains.
1. Log into the server via SSH.
2. Obtain the imported backup file name from the restoration log file. In this example the name is
3. Get the DUMP_D local backup directory location with the following command:
# grep DUMP_D /etc/psa/psa.conf
4. Extract this file to the reseller's local backup directory with the following command:
# tar -xvf /usr/local/psa/tmp/v0yzcyIO /var/lib/psa/dumps/resellers/<reseller's username>/
5. The domain's list which can probably be restored from the corrupted backup can be obtained with the following command:
# tar -tf /usr/local/psa/tmp/v0yzcyIO | grep xml | grep domains
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Domains from the obtained list can be restored at Home > Domains > example.com > Backup Manager.