Plesk or its components show 403 ForbiddenIncorrect user or permissions are set to any file used by
sw-cp-serverservices usually causes this error.
General troubleshooting steps
Login to the server console and start tailing Plesk server log:
# tail -fn0 /var/log/plesk/panel.logAdditional logs to check:
Reproduce the issue: try to login to Plesk or to perform an operation which fails.
The most popular issues are described below as well. Use the error from the output and try to find a solution in our knowledgebase
- Website Preview shows 403 Forbidden
- Domain Web Statistics shows 403 Forbidden
- Plesk shows 403 Forbidden on Linux: sw-engine-fpm: WARNING: Nothing matches the include pattern
- Plesk installer failing with 403 Forbidden file type or location
- Images are not displayed in preview of Wordpress website: 403 Forbidden
- Content of webstat directory is shown instead of web page
- Unable to install Let's Encrypt certificate: The client lacks sufficient authorization
- Webalizer statistic is not being updated: Unable to restore run data
- Unable to access Mailing List in Plesk: forbidden/permission denied
- Plesk and sites are showing HTTP Error 403.2 - Forbidden on Windows
- Plesk home screen returns error: HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.
- Webmail is not working: ModSecurity: Access denied with code 403
- Horde webmail is not available with Error 503 or 403.14 Forbidden
- Unable to create the folder in File Manager: Access to the destination folder is forbidden
Website shows 403 ForbiddenIncorrect user or permissions are set to any file used by
nginxservices usually causes this error.
General troubleshooting steps
Login to the server console and start tailing domain's log:
# tail -fn0 /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/logs/error_logAdditional logs to check:
/var/log/httpd/error_log or /var/log/apache2/error.log,
- Use the error from the output and try to find a solution in the articles below or in our Knowledge Base .
- Unable to update WordPress plugin TinyMCE: 403 Forbidden
- Website shows 403 Forbidden: Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible
- Cannot access a newly created directory via HTTP: 403 Forbidden
- Unable to access all the pages except .php with enabled Nginx: 403 Forbidden
- Website is not accessible with 403 Forbidden: AH00529: pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable
- 403 Forbidden is shown on all websites after dist-upgrade: No matching DirectoryIndex (none) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive
- Website shows error 403 Access forbidden on Windows
- HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory
- Protected directory shows 403: Directory index forbidden by rule
- Cannot access a website via HTTP when HTTPS is enabled: HTTP 403.4
- Website is not available with HTTP Error 403.18 Forbidden: The specified request cannot be processed in the application pool