- Plesk Onyx for Windows
- Let's Encrypt fails to secure Plesk GUI in Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates > Let's Encrypt with the following error:
<title>404 Not Found</title>
PLESK_ERROR: Error: Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for hostname.example.com. Authorization for the domain failed.
Invalid response from https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz/***.
Detail: Invalid response from http://hostname.example.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/***: "
- Server hostname http://hostname.example.com gets redirected to a Plesk URL login page
- There are custom bindings for pleskcontrolpanel site in IIS, like:
Custom binding in IIS for the server hostname to port 80 redirect hostname to another URL and Let's Encrypt cannot put required files to issue an SSL.
- Connect to the server via RDP
- Remove custom bindings from IIS > Sites > pleskcontrolpanel > Bindings. Only default Plesk bindings should remain: