- Plesk for Windows
- The following error occurs on attempt to clone a WordPress instance:
PLESK_ERROR: Path not found
- In the logfile
%plesk_dir%admin\logs\php_error.logwith debug mode enabled the following error can be found:
[2017-08-21 17:16:23] DEBUG [util_exec] [48703df3770328f90ba88685f01ab603-0] Finished in 0.0287s, Error code: 0, stdout: <XmlError Error="Path not found." ErrorCode="path_not_found" ErrorDetails="Unable to get file (C:\Inetpub\vhosts\example.com\httpdocs\my+file.html) attributes: (2) The system cannot find the file specified."/>
- The actual name of the file "my+file.html" mentioned in the error above is "my file.html" (with a space).
This is a Plesk bug with ID PPPM-6956, which is planned to be fixed in future Plesk updates.
As a workaround, do the following:
- Rename the file "my file.html" to "my_file.html"
- Clone a WordPress instance
- Rename the file "my_file.html" back