- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Windows
How to disable PHP for customers but provide an ability to install SSL certificates?
There are 2 options available:
Deletion of all PHP handlers from the server.
- Delete all PHP handlers from the server using Plesk Installer: go to Tools & Settings > Updates & Upgrades > Add/Remove Components > expand Plesk hosting features > unselect all PHP X.X script engine > Continue.
- Then, modify all service plans in the following way: go to Service Plans > plan_name > Permissions , uncheck Common PHP settings management and PHP version and handler management permissions and click Update & Sync.
Note: In this case, it is required to apply the fix from the article: Cannot create subdomain: there are no available PHP handlers in order to create subdomains.
Disabling all installed PHP handlers.
- Go to Tools & Settings > PHP Settings and disable all enabled PHP handlers by clicking on the green circle next to handler name. After disabling, this circle should become gray.
- Modify all service plans in the following way: go to Service Plans > plan_name > Permissions and uncheck the following permissions:
- Hosting settings management.
- Common PHP settings management.
- PHP version and handler management.
- Setup of potentially insecure web scripting options that override provider's policy.
- Hosting performance settings management.
Inside service plan, go to Hosting Parameters tab, enable SSL/TLS support , and Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS (if required).
- Click Update & Sync.