- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
- Plesk Onyx for Linux
Note: This article has the reference to the issues with the fixes available:
- #PPP-28164 "php_settings -u now updates PHP settings without errors."
- Plesk Onyx 17.9 Preview 4 31 July 2018 (Linux)
- #PPPM-5819 "php_settings -u fails to update php settings: php7.0-fpm.service: Start request repeated too quickly. (as PPP-28164)"
Website running on PHP-FPM handler shows error:
CONFIG_TEXT: 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
Socket file for this website is not found:
# ls -la /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/php-fpm.sock
ls: cannot access /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/php-fpm.sock: No such file or directory
This is Plesk bug with ID PPPM-5819. It will be fixed in the next major Plesk release.
For one or few domains, go to Domains > example.com > Hosting Settings and switch PHP Handler to any other PHP-FPM, click Apply and change PHP Handler back to original.
If there are a lot of domains with the similar issue, do the following:
- Login to the server via SSH
- Download the PHP management tool, unpack it and switch PHP handler to any other and back:
# wget https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/115004727794/php_management_tool.tar.gz
# tar -zxvf php_management_tool.tar.gz
# chmod +x php_management_tool
# ./php_management_tool move --from=fpm --to=plesk-php71-fpm
# ./php_management_tool move --from=plesk-php71-fpm --to=fpm