- Plesk for Windows
It is not possible to add https binding by hostname in IIS 7 for Windows Server 2008.
Hostname field is greyed out.
Expected behavior for the IIS 7 for Windows Server 2008.
The proper way is to manage SSL certificates via Plesk only. However, if it is required to add HTTPS bindings manually in IIS, it can be done as follows:
1. Right-click the Start charm, click Command Prompt (Admin) and run mmc.exe
2. In File menu choose Add/Remove Snap-in...
3. Highlight the Certificates snap-in and hit Add > then choose Computer Account followed by Local Computer in the subsequent dialogs then hit Finish followed by OK to close the Snap-ins window.
4. In the main window, expand Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, right-click the certificate for the domain example.com, hit Properties and updated Friendly name to *.example.com
5. After that open IIS > Sites > example.com > Bindings and add https binding by hostname for example.com, www.example.com, ipv4.example.com and assign the SSL certificate *.example.com