How to set up WordPress to send mail when MX records point to external mail service?
- Log in to Plesk
- Go to Domains > example.com > DNS Settings and identify the external mail service name or address of MX record
- Create a mail account on the external mail service
- Go back to Plesk and open Domains > example.com > WordPress.
- Install WordPress plugin that uses SMTP authentication.
For example, quite popular one:
or specifically for Google services:
- In WordPress administrator panel, configure the plugin to use mail credentials, created on the step.
This account will be used to send messages from.