1. User authorization does not work on a website.
2. There is no password-protected directory configured in Plesk at Domains > example.com > Password-Protected Directories.
3. Password-protection is configured using
.htaccess file and a path to
.htpasswd is specified in the following way:
# cat /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/.htaccess
.htpasswd has proper permission for Apache to read it (644):
# ls -la /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/cgi-bin/password/.htpasswd
-rw-r--r-- 1 username psacln 5518 Aug 5 06:30 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/cgi-bin/password/.htpasswd
5. Trying to login to the website, the following error is logged to domain's apache error log:
# tail -fn0 /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/logs/error_log
[Fri Aug 11 10:02:03.884271 2017] [auth_basic:error] [pid 21557:tid 139702216660736] [client 203.0.113.2:51026] AH01617: user username: authentication failure for "/": Password Mismatch
Apache cannot parse
Use proper encryption method for passwords.
1. Log in to the server via SSH.
2. Update passwords with the command like below:
# htpasswd /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/cgi-bin/password/.htpasswd username
where username - a login of the user that should be able to login to the website